Jessie dropped by to help me installed my bushings. Highly recommend having another person with a pry bar to lift the rack while you finesse the bushings in n out.
Surprisingly took about 40 min to button everything up and torqued.
Bushings looked alright for 203,xxx miles.
Waiting on some other stuff to come in so I can drive the car again. Stay tuned and thanks for reading.
I suspected my valve cover to be leaking so I ordered a new gasket and thought might as well install some rocker arm stoppers. Went with Tomei just because.
Made a outline of where each nut and bolt came from.
That’s a pretty shotty looking heat shield.
The instructions told me to get rid of this baffle plate for s13 sr20s.
Took me awhile to put them in but it was my first rodeo.
Put the new gaskets on the valve cover and wiped up whatever gunk I could. Kinda miss working at Nissan because I coulda used their parts washer around this time.
But yeah buttoned up everything and torqued it to spec. Little closer to driving it again.
Bought a used 2 way from my friend that I worked with back at Nissan. Installed it at after work. Side job saturdays!
It came out of his s14 so I had to put my s13 cover on. And the s14 cover went on my open diff so he could prolly get it welded later on.
Forgot to take a pic of the cover before I spent like a hour scraping off the old gasket and cleaning it with the parts washer.
Casey in the back doing his brakes on his g35 and I don’t know what Bryson’s doing lol
But yeah I did this January 21 2017 so it’s been about a year late that I’m posting this lol. It’s in though and does sick cookers!
Thanks for reading<3
Powered by max magnetic drain plug.
So I finally fixed my power steering leak! It went out my last summer in 2015 and I just never bothered to fix it. The leak was coming from the high pressure line that connected to the rack and the pump.
Here’s a half ass side by side comparison:
But yeah had the opportunity to do it at work which made it heaps easier since the car is on lift. My friend Casey was nice enough to stay back to help out and keep me company.
So I removed the intercooler piping and whatever else was in the way.
Sorry for the lack of detailed pictures.
When I routed it like the pic of above it was kinking and the inlet pipe wouldn’t be able to fit. So Casey suggested we just flip it over:
It’s not really pretty but it works lol, I should’ve invested in Chase Bays swivel fittings..
But yeah I have power steering again!! So that’s good, next I hope I can put my LSD in soon!
Note* I noticed fluid seaping a little from the rack ;( Not sure if it’s leaking from the chase bays line or the oem line that we unbolted for clearance to tighten the new line. If it’s the chase bays one Teflon tape! LOL or if it’s the oem one then I guess I’ll have to buy another o-ring. I’ll update this post when I figure it out.
Update* Got it sorted out and put some pumblers tape around the threads of the AN fitting that goes into the rack.
Thank you again for reading!!
I noticed that there would be coolant residue around the neck my radiator so I guess it was time for a new radiator cap. Wasn’t sure which brand to get but settled for a SARD one. So far I don’t see any coolant near the neck so I guess that fixed the problem haha.
Comparison with the SARD one and my previous no name rotten one lol (below):